Monday, October 3rd 2022 at 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Name, Image, and Likeness (“NIL”), which many believe has led to the decline of amateur-ism in college athletics, is now permissible under the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (“NYSPHSAA”) Amateur Rule.
This in-depth presentation will discuss and compare the NIL rules currently in place under the National Collegiate Athletic Association (“NCAA”) and the NYSPHSAA.
Attendees will explore:
- How NIL’s may impact and challenge athletic directors and coaches;
- The role coaches may (or may not) play in NIL deals;
- What information should be shared with student-athletes and their parents;
- Whether student-athletes may have an “agent”, attorney, and/or financial advisor to assist in arranging and managing NIL deals;
- Recommendations for a student-athlete hand-book, including but not limited to moral clauses and disclosure requirements;
- Addressing NIL rules with booster clubs or collectives;
- Addressing NIL within the academic institution;
- Policies regarding intellectual property including mascots, logos, etc.; and
- Civil Rights and NIL deals.
The session will conclude with a variety of hypothetical scenarios that each athletic director or coach may face in the new NIL landscape.
Mid-Hudson School Study Council
Mount Saint Mary College
Hudson Hall Auditorium
330 Powell Ave.
Newburgh, NY 12550
To register, send an email to:
call the Mid-Hudson School Study Council Office at: