Tuesday, August 2nd 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
In October of 2021, the New York State Public High School Athletic Association revised its amateur athlete rules to permit student athletes to benefit from their name, image and likeness (NIL). This presentation will explore:
- The role of social media as student athletes develop as influencers
- The meaning of "in affiliation" or "connection with"
- The potential implications, both positive and negative for the student athlete
- Use of social media for endorsements
- Best practices and policy suggestions
Mid-Hudson School Study Council
Mount Saint Mary College
Aquinas Hall Theatre
330 Powell Avenue
Newburgh, New York 12550