Thursday, February 2nd 2017 at 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Are you looking for a seminar that spells out schools' obligations and options under special education laws? Do you need a practical guide to FAPE, LRE and due process? This comprehensive course lays out the legal requirements and procedures, and examines the landmines to avoid. Learn from other schools' missteps in applicable case studies, and get compliance tips from experienced attorney faculty on evaluating students, developing IEPs, making placement decisions, handling due process proceedings and managing behavioral issues. It's sure to be a jam-packed day of information you can't afford to miss.
• Review public and private school responsibilities under the IDEA, Section 504, ADA and other laws that protect the rights of students with disabilities.
• Stay up to date on court decisions and hearing results that affect special education requirements.
• Recognize the current requirements of Free and Appropriate Public Education (FAPE) and Least Restrictive Environment (LRE) in placement decisions.
• Avoid the most common mistakes in IEP development.
• Understand school liability for bullying problems, personnel reactions to student placement and discipline methods.
• Explore the Response to Intervention model versus the traditional Discrepancy model in determining a student's eligibility for special education services.
• Ensure school tests, reports and measurements meet the IDEA's evaluation requirements.
• Walk through due process procedures - with tips on what to do prior to, at and after the hearing.
• Prevent school personnel actions that could land a school in hot water.
National Business Institute
Hampton Inn & Suites
2361 South Rd