Friday, September 2nd 2022 at 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Prevent School Liability and Address the Unique Needs of All Students
Mental health issues in schools extend beyond special education classrooms, and each school professional needs to have a clear idea of what the law requires and how to comply with the plethora of regulations and procedures. In this engaging instruction, experienced practitioners will share their methods to prevent student neglect and discrimination, and their hard-won resolution approaches. Help every student get the best possible education with this focused school law guide to student mental health. Register today!
- Clarify the school's legal obligations concerning mental health, essential services they must provide and more.
- Create IEPs and 504 plans for situations when mental health, special education and disabilities comingle.
- Protect the school and the students with clear rules on violence prevention and response.
- Handle sensitive situations concerning suicide intervention and response in a legally compliant manner.
- Weigh student confidentiality under FERPA against mandatory reporting duties in cases of mental health crisis.
- Master the legal requirements for communicating with parents when mental health issues are suspected.
- Ensure the school's discipline processes take into consideration the student's mental health condition.
Live Online Seminar for the National Business Institute