Friday, May 19th 2023 at 1:00pm
This session will address best practices for keeping schools safe while upholding rights of children with disabilities. After completing this session, participants will be able to:
(1) Identify select relevant laws and regulations concerning school safety and the rights of children with disabilities
(2) Recognize latest developments and issues
(3) Focus on considerations for families and risks for children with disabilities
(4) Understand the interaction between school districts and other agencies or law enforcement in situations involving students with disabilities.
(5) Explore models and alternatives for balancing interests and ensuring children’s rights are protected.
Practicing Law Institute (PLI)